Tuesday, January 5, 2021

My writing goals for 2021


 Last year I posted a blog of my writing goals for 2020.  I had four goals and I met two-and-a-half of them.  One goal was that every four years I go through my ebooks and fix any typos and outdated information.  I forget exactly when I finished my 2020 revisions, but it was around April.  After I finished that, I got to work on my collection Useless Cogs, which I published in October. 

The one goal from last year I didn’t meet – and will be carried over – was finishing a rough draft on The Pathfinder Saga, Volume 1.  Basically, it’s this super long, fantasy epic thing.  (See last year’s post for more details.)  I got some work done on it, but not much.  I’m trying to set aside two days a week to work on it, so hopefully I’ll be able to finish the rough draft this year. 

My main goal for 2021 is publishing The Uncapped Pen.  This is a collection of fifty stories covering various aspects of writing: author’s arguing with their muse, antics at writers group meetings, stuff like that.  It’s been on the back burner for a decade, but I’m finally going to finish it.  It was part of last year’s goal of working on other collections, so this is the “half” of a goal met. 

And my general goal this year is to write more.  Part of that will be working on other collections, but I’ve also been meaning to finish some stories and send them out to magazines.  That’s something I haven’t done much of for the last few years, and I’m hoping to get back into that.

So you’ll have to come back next year and see how I do.

***

Image from Pixabay.


No comments:

Post a Comment