Saturday, September 19, 2026

My website is 20 years old!

About a year ago I was looking through my old blog posts when I came across My website is ten years old! published on September 19, 2016.  The ten years was based on a visitor counter, but I can’t remember if I had it from the start, or if I added it on in the first week or so.  So my website is at least 20.  I think not too long after that post the counter stopped working, so I don’t know how many people have visited it in these twenty years.

I think the biggest change in the last ten years is how in the last few years I’ve debated keeping the website.  It costs money to have it, and I don’t think it makes me any money.  I don’t have the numbers for this, but I suspect my occasional book sale comes either from some social media account or someone actually coming across one of my books at random.  But I do like having a website because it is the one spot that either has my stories or links to them.  So it will probably continue for another ten years.  Assuming the techbros and their AIs don’t destroy the internet in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment