Thursday, July 21, 2022

2,000 Days of Writing!

Just after midnight, I opened one of my many writing projects and typed a few words adding to a sentence.  While not much, it means – if my counting has been correct over the past few years – that I’ve written something for 2,000 days in a row.  That’s over five-and-a-half years of writing.  Which isn’t bad.

Of course, few of those days were ones where I wrote a thousand words.  The vast majority of them were days where I just wrote a sentence or two.  And yes, there are untold numbers of wannabe writers who don’t even do that much, but at the rate I’m going it will take 2,000 years to finish some of my projects.  Which, if that was an option, I’d be all for. 

Maybe in the next 2,000 days I can pick up the pace a bit.  We’ll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment