Thursday, November 23, 2017

Grab four of my ebooks for free!



With the madness of Black Friday upon us, I figured I should offer up something.  So, from now through Monday, you can grab four of my Kindle ebooks – A Man of Few Words, “An Ounce of Prevention,” “The Only Certainty,” and “The Future is Coming” – for free!  If you’re looking for some flash fiction, scifi stories, or essays about future technology, I have you covered.




A Man of Few Words is a collection of fifty of my flash fiction stories.  What would really happen if a “T-Rex on steroids” attacked a city?  Why do science fiction writers make the best lovers?  How does a company get to Second Base with VIPs?  These questions and more I explore using less than 1000 words and in various genres from humor to horror and general fiction to science fiction.


Like most people, Jason Fisher wanted to make the world a better place, but he doubted he would ever have the chance to make much of a mark.  Then a “woman” came to him, asking his help to save humanity by threatening it.  Find out what happens in, “An Ounce of Prevention.”




On The Day, for reasons unknown, people began changing. They went to sleep as their old selves and woke in their beds in different bodies: bodies that had belonged to other people. And each time they fall asleep, they wake in a new body. Set months later, “The Only Certainty” follows Derrick Gorton on an average day in this new world as he deals with food shortages, the semi-collapse of society, and how to finish his latest novel.






As a science fiction writer, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about how technology will change the way we live. I’ve come up with these ten short essays about science fictional elements that will – almost certainly – one day become science fact as a way for people to start coming to terms with them. Because I’ve spent time thinking about clones and AIs, I feel that I’ll be okay when they do finally show up whereas most people will probably freak out. I hope these essays will get people to start thinking about the future because, no matter what we do, “The Future is Coming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment