Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Restarting my Wednesday Writing Prompts




Way back in February I wrote about my history of doing Writing Prompt posts on the various sites and blogs I’ve written on.  I was going to start doing them on this blog.  I did for about two months, and then things just petered out.  I got busy with other things, and I kind of forgot about doing them.

About a month or so ago, I was looking through things and I came across those old prompts and I thought I should really start doing them again.  Part of the reason being that I’ve rather slacked off on posting, so hopefully this could get me posting more and would give people more of a reason to check out my blog.

In the earlier versions I had given readers a couple of words to write a sentence with, or a topic to write something on.  But to make it easier on myself I’m doing a simple thing of just giving you a word and having you write a sentence containing it.  That’s it.  One of the reasons I started doing these prompts long ago was just to get people to write something.  Getting started is usually the hardest thing and prevents a lot of people from writing.  But by showing how easy it is to write a sentence containing the word “apple,” maybe they’ll finally get to work on that novel. 

One can dream, anyway.

***
Image from Pixabay.


No comments:

Post a Comment