Saturday, December 5, 2015

Where I’ve been



I haven’t posted much here for some time.  I’m trying to change that.  I’ve set the goal of trying to put up at least one post a week, just to let people know I’m still here.

So I figured the best place to start is by talking about where I’ve been.  It was probably about a year ago that I stopped posting stuff.  I was on a site Bubblews that paid you for views and comments on your posts.  I was making some money there, but then they imploded.  I tried other sites, most of which also imploded.  I had been doing two or three posts a day, but with sites that died before I reached payout, or sites where you earned very slowly, I lost the drive to write posts.  There just didn’t seem to be much point to it, which I think led me to think there wasn’t anything worth writing about. 

Now I didn’t stop posting entirely.  I still post on Persona Paper and I recently joined myLot.  In fact, it’s my goal of increasing my posts on those sites that makes me figure I should increase my posts here as well.  The whole point of posting on these sites – other than making a little bit of money – is to increase the number of people who know I exist and who may check out my books.  And this year the annoying fact that you really need to go out and sell yourself to actually sell your books has been beaten into me. 

And on that happy note, you can look forward to weekly posts here.  I guess it’s an early New Year’s Resolution, although hopefully it lasts longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment