Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jumping into Patreon



So several months ago I heard of this Patreon site where creators of videos, comics, stories, or whatever can raise funds with the help of patrons.  I thought it was a great idea, but I wasn’t too sure how well it would work for someone like me.  But after thinking about, I decided to join.

My first project I’ll be working on is to write twelve, short science fiction stories of a few thousand words at least.  These stories will be set in twelve “locations” in the solar system, the sun (well, near the sun), Mercury, Venus, Earth/moon, Mars, Asteroid Belt, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Kuiper Belt, and the Oort Cloud.  My plan is to write a story a month, and at the end of the year I’ll polish up the stories and publish them as a Kindle ebook.  Anyone who finds this interesting, and especially those who’d like to help out financially, should check out my Patreon Profile. 

My original plan was to write the first story or two, and then start posting them in January.  But recently I’ve been trying to force myself to write more, so I decided to start a few months early.  The first story, set near the sun with the working title “Cleansing Fire,” should (I’ll say 95% likelihood) be up sometime in November.  Right now I’d say it’s about a third done, but I hope by giving myself a deadline I’ll get around to finishing it.  We’ll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment