Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday Writing Prompt for February 17, 2016






The prompt for today is: conspiracies

This is what I wrote:

If you spend any time online, you’ll eventually come across a conspiracy theory.  About a year ago, I saw someone, probably on Facebook, ranting and raving about Obama hiding aliens.  Normally, I would have just rolled my eyes and gone on to see what Joe had for lunch, but I started thinking.  When I write stories, I do my best to make them be internally consistent as well as being grounded in the realm of possibility.  Conspiracy theories, usually don’t do that.  I mean, how easy is it to say that Bigfoot was a genetic experiment who escaped from Atlantis with the help of the Saucer Men?  You could bang out crap like that with ease.  Now if only you could use that to part money from some fools.

#

I did this prompt today to fit with my post The climate change “conspiracy” on my Questions Blog.  It’s almost as if I’m conspiring with myself.

***
Image from Pixabay.

No comments:

Post a Comment