Sunday, February 14, 2016

Restarting Grimm Reviews



Many years ago, I was in a Barnes & Noble and they had their versions of classic books.  One of these was Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales, containing over two hundred famous, and not-so famous, tales.  These stories have lasted for centuries, I told myself.  So I bought a copy figuring I could learn their secrets.  The book sat on my shelf for several years.

A couple years ago, I joined a site where you were paid when people interacted with your posts.  I was looking for something I could do a long series of posts with.  I then remembered Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales.  My plan was to read a tale and write up a short review of it.  I did this whenever I had the time, and I managed to get through the first sixty tales when the site imploded.  Fortunately, I was able to backup my posts before they disappeared from the internet.  They have sat in my inbox for about a year, and I’ve decided I should continue the project. 

My plan is to post a review every Monday.  I’ll start with revised versions of the sixty already done, but then I’ll move on and continue the book.  If I manage to keep this up, then I should finish this in the spring of 2020.  Or maybe at some point I’ll start posting two a week.  We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment