Thursday, January 14, 2016

I hate self-promotion



You can write the greatest novel in the history of literature, but if nobody knows about it, what good is it?  Who knows how many fantastic books are languishing on the physical and electronic bookshelves because readers don’t know they, or their authors, exist?  I understand that authors, especially self-published authors like myself, need to go out and get people excited for what we offer.  I just don’t know how to go about that.  Well, I don’t know how to go about that in a way I’m comfortable with.  I’m an introvert.  I don’t cringe away from human contact, but I don’t go out of my way for it.  I have a hard time keeping up my end of email conversations, and verbal conversations are even worse.  My preferred way to self-promote would be to leave something, maybe a story, out somewhere where people would hopefully stumble upon it, like it, and search out more of my stuff.  Kind of like a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment